One person installation and ease of servicing
3G Loud Speaking Solar Powered Emergency Telephone
The Dritel 3G Series 7 Loud Speaking Telephone being proudly Australian designed and manufactured is engineered to meet exacting specifications for safe and correct operation. Dritel believe service and backup of all products is paramount. With this in mind the features developed contribute significantly to the service quality.
This phone is designed to be installed by one person under the 20 minute time frame required for the roadsides of major freeways and highways, so traffic control is not needed.
It is able to be remote tested simply by your own mobile phone or by desk top computer if many phones are to be tested regularly.
Key features include:
- Designed to maximize vandal resistance and weather proof characteristics
- Self diagnostics and automatic reporting
- Marine-grade aluminium construction
- UV-rated powder coating with custom colours
- One person installation and ease of servicing
- Flexibility to customise product to suit customer’s requirements
- VoIP option available
- Can be optioned with a public address system.
Advantages Over Other Products
Working closely with maintenance contractors has enabled KJ Precision Engineering to design a phone that eliminates many of the issues experienced with other brands.
- Circuitry is housed entirely within an IP 67 rated case, within the weatherproof aluminium housing. This means no water or insect ingress. The microphone is insect screened and entirely weatherproof as a result of its positioning.
- Extensive R & D has gone into power consumption reduction. Our phones have a dark day capacity of several weeks, but remain online at all times so do not require a “boot up” time before the Emergency call can be made.
- Designed to be installed on the roadside by one person within 20 minutes, eliminating the considerable costs of traffic control.
- The phone Does not require any software to enable remote testing. Each unit reports automatically via SMS to a designated mobile phone.
- Remote interrogation includes the ability to change designated numbers, adjust speaker or microphone volume and talk time, battery status, signal status, and information regarding the configuration of the phone.
- All functions can be password code protected.
- The weatherproof speaker has a Mylar cone.
- The use of readily available component parts as opposed to manufacturer specific components means far more economical servicing costs.
- A shroud attached to the body of the phone creates extra insulation for the battery housed inside and air ducts underneath draw air through the upper pole to assist in cooling and prolonging the battery life even further.
Being a long standing family run business, we are always on hand to provide quick and efficient customer service.
The robust and solar powered nature of this emergency phone are compelling reasons to take advantage of the emergency potential help offered in numerous situations such as:
- Roadside Help Phones
- Railways (Signal Post and Siding Telephones)
- Public area security, parking lots, malls, sporting events, beaches
- Parklands and recreation areas including national parks, trails, walks, and forestry’s.
- Remote situations
- National Parks
Working Frequency Range: WCDMASS0/1900/21 QOM Hz GSM850/900/1800/1900M Hz
Operating Voltage: 7.4V-12V
Idle Current: 7 mA
Off Hook Current: 78mA
Each unit can be simply programmed or reprogrammed from any location. The Unit will send a confirmation “SMS” of the new numbers programmed into the Unit.
15W Solar Panel + LifePO4 12.8V, 12Ah Battery
Casing Material: Marine Grade Aluminium, 316 Stainless Steel fittings
Finish: UV Rated Powder Coating. Standard colour blue
Fittings: 316 Stainless Steel fittings
Total Height: 2.6m (Height optional)
Weight: 15 kg
Phone Case maximum dimensions: 460mm High x 230mm Wide x 160mm Deep
Pole Diameter: 100mm
Built in four main sections
- Lower Pole,
- Phone Unit,
- Upper Pole,
- Solar panel assembly
Designed to be assembled and installed by one person within 20 minutes
- Highly Vandal Resistant
- IP 65 Rating
- Can be fitted with an external light
- Height can be optional
- Higher wattage solar panels
- Larger batteries can be included
- Colour choices
- Hotline version or keypad style
- Ground, wall, barrier mounting
- Remote 12V power source
- Customized construction
Automatic Diagnostic Reporting
Unit will automatically send a message when at least one of the following conditions occurs:
- Battery State below 11.8V
- Faulty switch or keypad
- Led Indicator Condition
Manual Fault Diagnosis
Upon requesting a Fault Diagnosis from the phone, the following information will be sent in the form of an “SMS” report .
- Signal Status
- Battery Status
- Keypad/Switch status
- Indicator Light condition
- Preprogrammed number of the unit
- Preprogrammed SMS reporting number
Queensland Transport and Main Roads Department has issued Type Approval for the Dritel Series 7 3G Loud Speaker phone ( View Certificate Jan16 )
Roads and Maritime Services NSW,
Dritel 3G approval document download.
Series 7.1 3G Handset Telephone to RMS Specifications
VicRoads has approved the use of the phone for VicRoads projects. The VicRoads Approval number is PA 030 317. This approval extends to the 3G retrofit arrangement designed for use in VicRoads existing 2G help phones.
Copy of email received from Vic Roads (below)
On the basis that Queensland Transport and Main Roads Department has issued Type Approval for the Dritel Series 7 3G Loud Speaker phone, I confirm that VicRoads is satisfied to approve the use of the phone for VicRoads projects. The VicRoads Approval number is PA 030 317. This approval extends to the 3G retrofit arrangement designed for use in VicRoads existing 2G help phones.
A formal letter advising of the approval will be forwarded in due course. In the mean time you can quote the above approval number.
Senior ITS Specialist
ITS Infrastructure and Systems
Certificates and approval
- Queensland Transport and Main Roads Department has issued Type Approval for the Dritel Series 7 3G Loud Speaker phone ( View Certificate Jan16 )
- VicRoads has approved the use of the phone for VicRoads projects. The VicRoads Approval number is PA 030 317. This approval extends to the 3G retrofit arrangement designed for use in VicRoads existing 2G help phones.
- Roads and Maritime Services NSW
- has approved the Dritel 3G phone for use on NSW roads and has listed it in TS200 Ed1 Rev6 (Sep 2016) as an “Accepted” device.
- view Series 7.1 3G Handset Telephone to RMS Specifications
Self diagnostics and automatic reporting
Enquire now about purchasing or rental options
Introducing our newly manufactured and specialised LifePO4 Battery which measures 127 mm Long x 36 mm High x 66 mm Wide. It comes with its own solar internal regulator. This battery is capable of achieving 30 “dark” days in a row with our 3G phones. Given the around 5 times service life of these batteries compared to SLA batteries, this means greater reliability and a huge reduction to ongoing maintenance costs. These batteries are also very cost effective.
Call us for a quote 0732653240.